- This event has passed.
Hiakai: Te Awa o Whanganui
Sat Jan 13th @ 1:00 pm - Sun Jan 14th @ 12:00 pm$375
Jet Boating, Canoeing, Camping, Hiakai…we’re kicking off 2018 by taking guests on an adventurous dining experience like no other!
Your journey will start in Raetihi where you’ll be greeted by Hayden Potaka of Unique Whanganui River Experience, who will convoy guests along Whanganui River Road to historic Pipiriki. To travel along Whanganui River Road is to journey into a seldom-visited corner of Aotearoa. From Pipiriki, guests will board a jet boat to explore and learn about the history of the Whanganui River, its importance to Maori and its unique status as a legal entity.
Next, you will be taken to Puraroto where we will be camping overnight and enjoying a six-course tasting menu by award-winning, Hiakai. Each course will be accompanied with a beverage pairing that has been carefully selected or crafted to compliment the menu. At the end of your dining experience, make your way down to the campfire and enjoy the quiet calm of rural Aotearoa.
In the morning, enjoy an artisanal breakfast prepared by Hiakai before gearing up to canoe the Whanganui River back to Pipiriki. Ride the rapids of the river, paddle through beautiful scenery, and listen to the native birds sing as you make your way back to your final destination.
Dates for Hiakai: Te Awa o Whanganui are:
– Sat, 13/01 – Sun, 14/01
– Sat, 20/01 – Sun, 21/01
– Sat, 27/01 – Sun, 28/01
– Sat, 03/02 – Sun, 4/02
– Sat, 10/02 – Sun, 11/02
Tickets for this experience are $375 p/p which includes:
– A guided jet boat ride along the Whanganui River.
– Canoe hire and operator guide with over 10 years guiding experience.
– Light snacks and refreshments prepared by Hiakai upon arrival at Puraroto Campsite.
– A six-course tasting menu with wine and bespoke juice pairings crafted by Hiakai.
– Artisinal breakfast prepared by Hiakai on the morning of departure.
– Dome tents, air mattresses, inflatable pillow, dry bag, torches, and overnight passes for Puraroto Campsite.
Spaces are limited, book now to reserve your seat!